I ran with Jill last night. Matt stayed with the kids and Alex. We set out to do 4 miles but I wimped out at 3. I had a hard time. I don't know if it was because I was trying to run a little faster than I normally do or if it was because I was trying to talk while running. Poor Jill had to run a lot slower than she was used to. Still it was very good to have company.
It reminds me of a book we read to Nick "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel". When Mike and his steam shovel had people watching them they worked a little better and a little faster. The more people they had watching, the faster they worked. With all the 1000s of people at the race this Sunday I'll surely be picking up my pace.
Steam on.
suzy
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment