Sunday, March 18, 2007

Week 3 Day 3 - 1.5mi

today I had every intention of going out on the road but my first step almost landed me on my ass so I resigned myself to the dreadmill. It really didn't end up being all that bad. I listened/watched DMB the central park concert. LOVE that song Cortez. It kept me sufficiently distracted for at least a 1/4 of a mile.

I experienced the "groove" I've heard others talk of. I have never felt that before. It didn't hit until after I'd passed a mile. I lowered the speed a touch and it just got so easy. It was almost as natural as if I were walking. That lasted for about 3 miles but then I started over analyzing it and it got hard again. Now I can't wait to feel that again. This must be what keeps people going back for more. There's a small glimmer of hope that I may actually become a runner yet!

I used my watch and broke it into 3 laps, each 1/2mi. I did the first mile at 4.5, the second at 4.3 and the third at 4.2 except for the last 0.1mi I did at 4.5. The first leg was 6:37, the 2nd 7:00 and the third 7:04. That's an average of 13:47 per mile. Not great, but it's the dreadmill. I'm faster outside.

1 comment:

M@ said...

I don't trust the dreamill time/distance at all. It always seems like I go slower and not as far on it.