Sunday, May 13, 2007

not a run, but.....

We hiked Tuckerman yesterday. Technically that is not a run. But it certainly feels like I did something today. I put my exercise into weightwatchers and I earned 21 activity points (meaning I can eat 21 extra points of food and still lose weight, 23 points is my usual daily intake). A run of 5miles normally earns me 8 activity points. Oh and BTW I did NOT eat 21 extra points yesterday.

I am amazed at how much easier the hike was this year. I'm usually very slow and spend the whole time apologizing to my hiking buddies about slowing them down. Yesterday I hiked with Matt, and where I don't think he hiked as fast as he usually does, I still think we made very good time. He looked back a few times and asked if I was ok (I was right on his heals the whole time) and I very honestly said I was fine. There's something to this running thing. I may make a habit of it.

No comments: