Saturday, January 06, 2007

training begins

I almost said it "officially" begins but I don't feel like I can say that just yet. I don't have a training program mapped out yet. I could do couch to 5K again, and maybe I will. Gotta figure that out. I don't want to start from week 1, I feel like I am beyond that, even tho I haven't exercised since before Dec 1st. I just got back from jogging a mile. I did the neighborhood loop, down Camp Sargent, up Cedar (big hill), left on Douglas then back on Spruce. I started running on Camp Sargent when I got to Arbor St. I walked up the steep part of the big hill. It really hurt my lungs at first, I think due to the cold I've had for over a week. But it didn't last long. It actually wasn't that hard. The last stretch down Spruce St actually felt really good. Next time I think I'll turn around at our house and go back the other way and hopefully do 2miles.

I start a new work schedule this week. I will work short days Mon, Tues, Wed. Not sure how I'll fit the exercise in. I'm going to try to do it every other day. I may work some strength training in on the off days.

We haven't signed up for the relay quite yet. We are stuck on picking a name. The latest possibility is "will run for beer". But I don't think Tara drinks beer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooooh just realized there was so much I forgot to say in my blog. I ran with my ipod for the first time. It was great. I realized I don't need to have real rockin songs to listen to. I actually only got through 2 songs, 1 Tom Petty and 1 DMB. 'Everyday' was 10.5min long! I also used my new stopwatch/heart monitor but I wasn't sure how to use the stopwatch function so I just watched the time. It appears that I did a 13min mile. I'll know better next time because M@ has since figured it out for me. And the other thing I forgot to mention is that it was 68deg today!! Unbelievable.

No comments: