My friend Tara and I have decided that we are running a marathon next year. We are starting with a relay so that's only about 5miles (is that right?). I am starting from scratch. I've never been a runner. Never, ever. Never. I walk. I'm good at walking. It doesn't hurt. So I'm working this running thing into my life very slowly.
My sister-in-law, Ali, gave me a book for my bday called "no need for speed, a beginner's guide to the joy of running". It's more inspirational than anything. I actually read the whole thing! I'm doing his suggestion for training:
1st week is just getting off the couch and doing things so I'm skipping that week because I always do that. (This book is written for someone who sits on the couch and watches TV all day, wonder what Ali was trying to tell me.)
2nd week is 20 min with jogging 30 sec at every 5min.
I am now on the second week. (wow I'm moving along fast, feels like I just started)
I also started weight watchers on Tuesday so this is a week of new beginnings. The start of a new me. It will be a slow process.
So that ends the introduction, now onto my first entry.........
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment