Friday, April 06, 2007

confident run

Today I did not want to run. I was supposed to run yesterday but blew it off. Running on the 'mill is to be avoided at all cost and I wasn't able to run after Matt got home. So I put it off until this evening. And I DID NOT want to go. But I made myself. The spreadsheet is god. It says I run 2.5 miles, I run. (ignoring the fact that I just edited that spreadsheet the other night and if I wanted to change all the entries to 1 mile I could do it). But what I am trying to say (in not a very quick way) is that every time I go into a run thinking I don't want to run it, I come out of the run feeling awesome and so glad I did it. Why can't I remember that? Maybe I do and that's what got me out there in the first place. I don't know.

But it was an awesome run. It was easy. My lungs burned here and there. Mostly on the little hill. But I tried some deep breathing exercises and that helped a lot. I had a side cramp for a few seconds that went away with the deep breathing. I ran with my sneakers very loose. My toes never felt numb. In fact it felt like I was wearing slippers, just like the salesperson said it should. My legs felt strong the whole way. I could have gone 3mi. I was thinking I would but decided there was plenty of time for that. In fact my next run is 3mi and with this new found confidence I'm sure I can do it.

Here are my stats: (wore my watch, thanks to M@'s reminder)
I did my favorite neighborhood zigzag loop (see previous posts)

Total distance: 2.5mi
lap 1: 1mi, 11:08
lap 2: 1/2mi, 5:50
lap 3: 1/2mi, 5:27
lap 4: 1/2mi, 6:00
Total time: 28:25

Music: (that I can remember and in no particular order)
DMB Spoon, Louisiana Bayou, #41, Say Goodbye
Alanis Morisette Head over Heals
BNL Jane
other songs tried to start but I forwarded by them. Guess I'm beyond the Tom Petty kick. Or maybe just taking a break. DMB was the music of choice this time around.

Oh yeah, the neighborhood was buzzing even though it was 33deg out there. A local newspaper was soliciting all over, there were probably about 6 teenagers that I passed over and over. People were out shoveling. A dog tried to trip me. Someone beeped at me (I think). I'm not comfortable with the audience. Hopefully that will be different when they are actually cheering me on.

No comments: