Friday, April 20, 2007

not an easy 3

(posting for last night's run)
Yes, I made it. It wasn't easy. I'm feeling it today too. Lesson learned: do not take 3 days off from running, it will set you back.

Got in a discussion with my neighbor this morning about running (again). She keeps saying "I'm not a runner", "my lungs aren't made for it", "I run like a smoker", etc....... I'm sorry but I think that's such bullshit. I don't think anyone's lungs are made for it. I use to think just like her, way back before I had it in my head to start running. But the truth is you can train your body to do anything. You just need patience. You aren't going to run a 5K right away. You start with 30 sec here, then a mile, then a few more.... Given time I could probably run a full marathon. It might take me 3 years to get there, but with patience and perseverance I'm pretty sure I could do it. Now the question remains, do I want to do it? And at this moment in my life I'm going to say an emphatic, NO WAY!!

No comments: