I did it! Longest run evah. 4.5miles. It didn't get too hard until the last 0.5 miles. That was a whole mile over my previous record! Wow.
I ran with Becky in Wibraham. I was thinking that out of everyone training for this marathon I have the crappiest training route. Christa is at the tip of Long Island, that's gotta be the best. Ali is in Burlington, need I say more. Tara has a nice country road. Becky has a beautiful town with beautiful landscaped houses. Even Karen has some areas that are more interesting than where I live. Runnability is going to be a major factor in our future house hunting.
I don't know what my time was. I brought my watch but forgot to wear it. It doesn't matter. I'm sure it was somewhere around 11min. My legs are pretty tired now. I need to strengthen them. I started doing some simple strength exercises on my off days.
I wore new running shorts today. Becky gave me a pair. They were awesome. Gotta start a list of things needed for race day. So far the list goes something like this: (not necessarily things that I need to buy beforehand, just things I need to have on hand that day)
towel
tank top
running shorts
watch
hat (or visor? I get so hot and sweaty I wonder if a visor would be cooler)
ipod and headphones
sunglasses
sneakers
socks
underwear
some kind of food
water bottle
water
Any other suggestions welcome.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment