I waited for matt to get home from work. I made him and the kids their dinner and got myself all ready. Went out around 5:35 and got done around 6:05. So that was 2.5 miles in 30min. Yes, that's what I said, 2.5 MILES! It hurt, it burned, but it wasn't all that bad. My thighs still hurt from painting this past weekend. Sounds kind of strange but I guess I must have done a lot of deep knee bends. I did a different loop. maybe I'll post the route some other time. Not feeling the motivation to do it right at the moment.
I got a cramp. Becky jinxed me. She posed the question yesterday, what to do about cramps? I half listened to Tara's response. All I could remember was the part about holding your arm above your head. So I did that, but it wasn't going away. I probably ran with it for about .2mi until I got to my house, which was the 2mi mark. I was determined to make it 2mi without stopping. I walked it out in the driveway then did another .5mi. Does that count as doing 2.5mi? I didn't stop moving in between.
On the advice of my teammates I have upped my mileage. I think it's true that on raceday that the adrenaline will get me through the last half mile, but I've never done this before and think I'll need to prove to myself that I can actually run 5.5miles. The extra confidence will calm the nerves on raceday. Right now it's hard to believe that I'll actually be able to do it. That's over an hour of running. OMG!
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment